To see an alphabetical site map click here
- Gold Leaf - How To Create Antique & Distressed Finishes
A website all about gilding using imitation gold leaf, and how to achieve a variety of antique and distressed finishes.
- About us
Our about us page contains our craft background plus insights into the ancillary skills we learned over the years.
- Mentoring in Gilding
This is where you can get one on one help in your gilding project. Get mentoring from an expert!
- Imitation Gold Leaf or Genuine Gold Leaf?
Here are the arguments with regard choosing imitation or genuine gold leaf when gilding on wood or plaster.
- Golden Leaf - The Origins Of Dutch Metal Leaf.
This golden leaf. All you ever needed to know about dutch metal leaf, from its origins to the technical specification of todays dutch metal leaf.
- How To Apply Gold Leaf - A Free Fully Illustrated Guide
How to apply gold leaf, a fully illustrated guide which has received praise for its simplicity and clarity.
- Gold Size - Do You Know Of An Easier To Use Gilidng Adhesive?
This page deals with the gold size or adhesives used in gilding with imitation gold leaf.
- Gilding Grounds - Are You Ready For This Simple Explanation?
All about gilding grounds, what function they serve and how to apply them.
- Weathered Crackle Glaze - A Foolproof Method
On this page are some examples of crackle glaze, some of these have had added an ageing glaze to give an older appearance to the metal leaf.
- Antique Glaze - Are You Missing This Simple But Vital Finish?
An antique glaze is often used in conjunction with the crackle glaze to make the gold look older. Here you can see the results of using the antique glaze in some before and after pictures.
- Gesso - A Simple Method Using Home Made Equipment
Working with gesso opens up a whole new world of creative possibilities for those working with a surface that can accept gesso.
- Distressed Finishes - Would You Like A Few Trade Secrets?
There are many ways to achieve distressed finishes, when you are laying the leaf, gently twist the pad as you press down this will have the effect of breaking up the gold in irregular areas,
- Gold Leaf Supplies - All In Prices - No Tax/Shipping Or Extras
A range of gold leaf supplies including crackle glazes and leather size. No hidden charges, all prices include taxes and shipping.
- Gilding Kits - Including The Crackle Glaze & Other Finishes
A range of gilding kits and ageing kits to achieve the crackle glaze , antique glaze etc.
- Shabby Chic Furniture - Create Your Own Shabby Chic Look
A web site devoted to the creation of various distressed & antique finishes to gold leaf and painted surfaces. How to create the shabby chic furniture.
- Gold Leaf Techniques - Do You Want To Gild Onto Leather?
Gold leaf techniques applied to leather, a link to a complete fully illustrated tutorial is to be found on this page
- How To Make Your Own Parchment Paper
Using an old bookbinding method we show how to create a traditional parchment paper and imitation vellum.
- How To Make Your Own Gilded Manuscript
Make your own gilded manuscript using a simple technique which has been used by bookbinders through the centuries. A free manual detailing the process is available from the site.
- Gold Leaf Painting - Are You Aware Of This Esoteric Art Form?
See what other artists are doing with imitation gold leaf to produce a gold leaf painting.
- Gold Leaf In Furniture Design
A dazzling example of bespoke furniture design complimented with the use of gold leaf.
- Castle In The Sky - A Gift For A Little Girl
- Gilding Manuals & Antique Finishes Manual Free To Download.
Here you will find two free gilding manuals One aimed at gilding onto leather, the other aimed at gilding onto various surfaces.
- Link Exchange - Where The Elite Exchange Links
All links are not equal, this is where the elite, on Googles first page, get involved in link exchange.
- Links to other relevant craft sites.
Links to artist supply houses of merit plus various other useful contacts.
- Contact Us